Monday, July 12, 2010

Piper Down

The joy was short lived unfortunately.

I went out for a quick blast on Sunday afternoon and about 2km out after riding down a dirt path in a park the throttle stopped responding. The red LED light was still on the controller and the Cycle Analyst had juice as well but nothing happened when I opened the throttle.

I suspect some connection in the throttle assembly got damaged from a bump on the trail but since I'm no electronics wizard this could take me a while to figure out. Fortunately at least I have a multi-meter from an old PC repair kit I had lying around and I have been in touch with the folks at Grin so maybe it will turn out to be something simple.

In the mean time I'm grounded.

Time to bone up on basic electric circuits and troubleshooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment