Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lion Bikes

The name comes from a contraction of Lithium and Ion. I am optimistic the development of new Li-ion batteries and the next generation LiPo technology may mark a key milestone in the development of electric bikes (and other transportation). It seems ebikes are already taking China by storm so it seems the wave has already started.

I am personally very excited about the prospect of a more environmentally friendly, cost effective, reasonable range, and fun way to get around.

My brother in law built a DIY mountain bike conversion a couple of years ago using an array of DeWalt drill batteries and I couldn't believe how much fun it was to ride.

So finally I am jumping into my own conversion project. Sadly, I missed the first ebike show and competition this year by a week but hope to be there next year. It looked like an interesting group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment